Fourth Week of Lent - Open Your Heart
March 25, 2017
Lent helps to remind us that God loves us no matter what. We must ask for God's forgiveness remembering that he is kind, loving and merciful. God is committed to bringing you to heaven. God sees you as the person you are and as the person you are meant to be.
Make the time to read the scriptures and let God speak to your heart. Take the opportunity to participate in Adoration to give you the environment to listen.
excerpt from the WORD among us Lent 2017 edition
Third Week of Lent - Almsgiving
March 20, 2017
The Cry of the Poor
- have a heart for those in need
- do as much as you can to help
Pope Francis has told us that almsgiving is "a gesture of sincere attention to those who approach us and ask for our help" (from the Jubilee Address of April 9, 2016).
Suggestions for almsgiving:
- go through your home and donate items that you are not using to those who could use them.
- review your financial situation and then make a plan on the organizations and the amount.
- get involved in agencies that can use extra help.
excerpt from the WORD among us Lent 2017 issue
Second Week of Lent - Fasting
March 8, 2017
Fasting; set a plan for yourself - be specific - its not just about food
This ancient practice dates back to the earliest days of the Bible.
- Moses fasted on Mount Sinai when he received the Ten Commandments (Exodus 34:27-28)
- Jesus fasted for forty days in the wilderness (Matthew 4:1-2)
- Paul fasted after his conversion (Acts 9:1-9)
- The Church elders in Antioch fasted before sending Paul and Barnabas on their first missionary journey (Acts 13:3)
...excerpts from the WORD amoung us Lent 2017 edition